Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Design Purgatory


This blog began as an idea, that occurred when I was developing my website and adding projects to my portfolio. I was looking through all the projects I had completed since the last version of the website and realized I had a plethora of projects. Of these countless amounts of projects I picked the best of the best to take the pedestal on the pages of my website.

But what about the other projects? Projects that began as great ideas or showed a new skill only to be cut short due to budget cuts, time restraints or ideas that have not yet found their purpose. Where do they go?

The Catholics have a belief in a place called Purgatory or Limbo. This is a place where individuals go when they die with sin that has yet to be forgiven. The deceased remain in this place to repent for their sin till it is forgiven and they're allowed to pass into heaven. While in Purgatory it is common for people to pray for the deceased to help them grow in holiness.

This blog is Purgatory for my projects and experiments. It is a place where I can reflect on what has worked and what hasn't, where ideas can grow and pass on to great projects, and where you the reader can provide support and direction to help me become a better designer. I hope you enjoy what I have to show and say. 

Please visit often and let my know what you think. I'll try my best to update as often as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment